Monday, April 4, 2011

Entilted

So what are we really entitled to. Because now days it seems like we should have everything our heart desires. I admit that it would be nice to drive the hottest car, live in a big custom home, have my closet full of the latest styles and have money never be an issue. Lets be honest money does not make life happier just easier to some degree.
But here is the thing we are really not entitled to anything. Everything takes work. Raising the children, being married, staying in shape, cooking a healthy meal,keeping up on what is going on in the world, being a good friend,and the list could go on.
So here is what I have been thinking a lot about. This last weeekend Jeremy and I cleaned out another garage. It took us from 9:30 - 5:00 to finish. It was work but it was well worth the final result. Now everyday I go to get in my car and walk in the garage it makes me HAPPY. Then on Sunday I got to have my family and some of my brothers and sisters over. We made dinner together, feasted on the words of our leaders,and spent time in the service of one another. When night came around I got to give my kids loves and kisses to put them to bed. I love lovin on these kids.
So here is what I am entitled to: I am entitled to work hard so I can feel and see the sweet rewards that work can bring, I am entitled to serve others because there is no greater joy that can be found then in the "service of your fellow beings" and I am entitled to love much because that is what life is all about.
So entitled, I am really not entitled to anything but a chance to work hard, serve others and love everyone, so maybe one day I can return to live with my Savior again.

No comments:

Post a Comment