Sunday, March 6, 2011

Why I love Sundays!

Why are Sundays so wonderful? Let me count the ways. It starts in the morning I feel no pressure Sunday morning. I do not have to get up to exercise (which usually begins at 5:30 am), no lunch to make for the kids, no where to be until 11:30 (church),I can cook my kids favorite breakfast velvet crumb cake, can lay in bed with my sweet husband and talk, love when the kids all come in to get in bed with us, love to watch Jeremy play and make the kids laugh. These are just the morning reasons why I love Sunday.
In the afternoon I get to attend church where all my children are fed spiritually while I get to have rare moments of truly diving into the scriptures. I love my gospel doctrine teacher; he helps build my testimony each week. I also love to attend relief society and see the incredible woman who love the Lord more than anything. Not to mention all the beautiful music we get to sing. There is something about a whole congregation singing praises to our Savior.
Then home to make dinner. A good dinner where we try to make something new and different. These last two months I have had the blessing of living with my parents. I know I am 34 living with my parents, we will leave that for another blog. But I have loved making Sunday dinner with my parents and the gospel discussions that we get to enjoy. Sunday dinners have fed me both temporally and spiritually . Then the feast, because Sunday is the day that food has no calories and I get to make my favorite chocolate chip cookies.
Now time for games or movies with the family. Tonight we had family home evening and played concentration with the kids. After that is was on to Mormon messages. I think I am going to make this a Sunday tradition. The kids loved them and we watched them for about 45 minutes. Now I am getting to spend some quality time with my hubby before the busy weeks starts all over again.
The Lord knew we would need a day of rest. I love my Savior and with each passing day I see how he blesses my life with simple things like a Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie. Good job on the blog. So you moved again? We moved too. Looks like you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want that velvet crumb cake recipe! your post made me think about the BYU days when we used to make banana bread on sundays :-)

    ReplyDelete